Effective Strategic Planning and Project Lifecycle Management through JAD Facilitation
This course will introduce several JAD (Joint Application Design) session agendas that can be used to drastically streamline strategic IT planning and project management activities. Focus is on adequate prioritization of IT projects aligned with business strategies, as well as the successful implementation of these projects.
Day 1 of the course reviews facilitation processes and explores business processes and strategy.
Day 2 of the course encompasses project scope definition and requirements definition.
Day 3 of the course covers project management plans, system testing, and user acceptance.
Who Should Attend?
CIOs, IT/IS Directors, Project Managers and PMO Staff and other key stakeholders involved in the development of strategic business and IT plans, as well as the planning and management of projects.
- Participant introductions / expectations Course objectives
- Review facilitation concepts
Strategic Business Planning
- Mission / vision / guiding principles Assessment
- Strategy development
Business Process Improvement and Re-engineering
- Business process improvement
- Business process re-engineering
Strategic IT Planning
- Plan the ISP project
- Analyze business strategies and policies
- Outline the business requirements
- Define the architectures
- Conclude the information strategy plan
Project Scope Definition
- Develop business perspective for project
- Define system objectives
- List major inputs and outputs
- Identify major business events and functions
- Process modeling
- High-level data modeling (ERD)
- Confirm system objectives
Project Detailed Requirements Definition
- Define system function
- List and define system function steps Develop data flow diagram
- Define interface files/data bases
- Define inputs and outputs Develop entity relationship model
- Define security and privacy requirements Define environment requirements
- Define computer resource requirements
Developing a Project Management Plan
- Define success measures Define project strategy
- Identify work breakdown structure Identify content of each deliverable Perform risk analysis
- Develop contingency plans and priorities Develop additional project plans (based on the PMBOK® Guide)
- Identify roles and responsibilities Produce Gantt chart
- Produce critical path diagram Review the plan
Conducting Walkthrough and Peer Reviews
- Objectives and requirements Step through the system
Performing Acceptance Testing
- Establish baseline Testing process Test plan
- Roles and responsibilities Test environment
- Review course objectives Review participant expectations Fill out course feedback forms
No Reviews found for this course.